Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Duran's Report Fixed

In today's paper in my story about campaign finance reports, I noted some odd entries on Secretary of State Dianna Duran's report.

Most of Duran’s biggest contributors weren’t identified. There was an unnamed political action committee from Artesia, which gave $7,500; entities identified only as “Roofing Industry” and “Automobile Industry,” each of which contributed $5,000 ...

However, since I downloaded her initial report, Duran's campaign filed an amended version, which gives the names of those donors.

The mystery PAC from Artesia that gave $7,500 actually was the Mack Energy Corporation. The "Roofing Industry" turned out to be just one company, G&G Roofing in Hobbs, which gave $5,000. Likewise, the "Automobile Industry" is Car of New Mexico in Albuquerque (also giving $5,000.)

I haven't asked yet but I suspect the initial omissions were merely oversights or computer glitches.